Menu Design & Psychology
I’ve collected all of our writings to date dealing with menu design and menu psychology. Consider this your one-stop repository for all things menu. Weighing in at 22,810 words and counting, this material can be firmly placed in the novella category. Which is awesome.
Without further ado, get into it!
MENU DESIGN, MENU PSYCHOLOGY
- Menu Engineering A-Go-Go!
- Menu Design for Fun and Profit. But Mostly Profit.
- Price Presentation Part 1: Semantic Salience, Priming and the Pain of Paying.
- Price Presentation Part 2: Dollars and Cents.
- Menu Design vol. 2 — an introduction
- Menu Design vol. 2 — Menu Writing part 1: The Psychology of Descriptive Labels
- Menu Design vol. 2 — Menu Writing part 2: Actually, uh, writing.
- Menu Design vol. 2 — Pricing part 1: Direct and Indirect Costs + Portion Control!
- Menu Design vol. 2 — Menu Pricing part 2: Demand- and Market-driven Pricing.
- Menu Design vol. 2 — Menu Pricing part 3: Pricing on a Spectrum
- Menu Design vol. 2 — Extremeness Aversion and Anchors
- Menu Design vol. 2 — Menu Typography Part 1
- Menu Design vol. 2 — Menu Typography Part 2
- Eye Movement Patterns, Scanpaths and the Almighty Sweet Spot.
- Sucker punching your guests with eye magnets.
- Form Follows Function: Practical Considerations for your Menu.
- More Marvelous Menu Miscellany, Part One — File Formats
- Miscellany Part Two: PPI, DPI, Resolution and You
- Miscellany, Day Three — Halftones and Colors
- Miscellany, Day FINAL: Putting it together